Ofsted visited Redbrook Hayes in January 2016, concluding that we are a ‘good’ school. We are proud of our journey, but are always looking for ways to improve further.
The full report can be accessed here, along with previous inspection reports.
Some highlights of the latest 2016 report include:
- The headteacher is a strong leader who has focused successfully on raising the quality of teaching and learning.
- The numbers of pupils leaving Year 6 who are making expected progress in reading, writing and mathematics are higher than the national average
- Parents are extremely positive about the school.
- Governors have worked closely with the headteacher to improve teaching and learning, which is having a positive impact on standards across the school.
- Teachers manage the behaviour of the pupils well and pupils are focused on their learning during lessons.
- Pupils are keen to answer questions and read out their work confidently. Pupils’ work is neat and well-presented and they take a pride in the quality of their books.
- Leaders, staff and governors make a strong contribution to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, which provides pupils with a real sense of emotional security.
- The behaviour of pupils is good. Pupils are extremely focused in lessons and treat each other with respect.
- Throughout the school, standards in reading are particularly high.
- Provision for children in the early years is good. They are provided with a range of English and mathematics activities that meet their individual needs and their progress is tracked carefully by the teacher using effective assessment systems.
- The learning environment provides a range of experiences, which the children are keen to explore.
School Improvement Plans
Please see our school development page, accessed here, to see our plans to improve even further this year.
DfE Performance Comparison
For our school’s DfE table with our latest results, please see our results page, accessed here.
Ofsted Parent View
To view what our parents think of our school, click here to access Ofsted’s Parent View.